What's Happening At The Studio

The Scouts share what's inspiring them at the moment, along with what's going on in the studio.

www.vintagescout.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Look For It

OK, so last we caught up, the Scouts have come up with a new logo and tagline. We still need our new signage, but we decided if we were going to "get fresh", our website was the next place to move. Let me let you in on a little secret about our website: I made it on a program I bought for $50 and you can probably tell. Our blog is hosted by Blogspot, and our online "store" is Etsy. Nothing wrong with those two sites- although I've had my battles with layout on Blogger (can you hear my frustration???) And I adore Etsy- it's addictive and a great resource.

Some of you may remember when Design*Sponge launched their consulting branch. To start out, they gave away two free consultations.

From: Grace Bonney [mailto:consulting@designsponge.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 1:56 PM
To: debbie@vintagescout.com
Subject: You've won the Consulting Session!


Hi Debbie,


I'm pleased to inform you that you are the winner of one of the two free Design*Sponge Consulting Sessions.


I can't wait to work with you.


I'll be announcing you as one of the winners to the list later today, but I wanted to let you know that when I say Debbie from Ohio, that yes, I am talking about you.


:)


I'll be emailing you next week to plan and schedule our time together.


Get ready to work!


best,
Grace

Grace and AJ were very organized and professional and had some super advice for me. I HIGHLY recommend contacting them to take your design online presence to the next level- whatever that may be. For us, we're just barely starting out. We're full time interior designers with a retail store. Not a heck of a lot of time for anything else if you know what I mean. I guess that's why we're a full year + forward from that lucky giveaway.

OK, so fast forward and we finally save up enough to contact a local company to help us launch our new site, incorporate lots of D*S Consulting ideas, and an online store. Yes, you heard it right, our online store. We're psyched! But lordy, this process takes time. We were really hoping our new site would be up and running by now, but currently there is an issue with the shopping cart software. Stay tuned for the big debut.

So anyway, that's big reason 2 you haven't seen much of the Scouts online. We have been trying to keep up with quick updates on our Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest, so don't miss us there.

No comments: