What's Happening At The Studio

The Scouts share what's inspiring them at the moment, along with what's going on in the studio.

www.vintagescout.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A little help from friends and then some

Getting your own house finished is probably one of the biggest challenges for a designer. Either you're so burned out from making selections for your clients or you can't decide because you think something better's out there. Or if you're like me, you're just a procrastinator. So yesterday I called fellow Scout Jean to come over and give me a kick in the butt, I mean some direction, on getting my house finished- at least for the moment (you know a designer's house is never "finished"). We began to tackle the empty wall in my dining room. The large piece in the middle is an enlarged copy of a rejection letter sent by the MOMA to Andy Warhol. The Scouts used it in a dining by design event a few years ago. My family finds it inspirational, however, it was lonely on the wall by itself. Jean suggested I hang some colorful original art around it. Just what it needed. So, to pay Jean for all her design advice, I took her to a new little place in Dayton. Yay for locally owned restaurants!Then I went to vote. How lucky are the Scouts that this is where our polling place is located- a gorgeous old church. That slate roof is to die for.So with the rest of the afternoon ahead of me and not being scheduled in the studio, I decided to go thrift shopping. I scored some awesome things! I did pass up this fur coat, but I couldn't resist showing you all the tag. The Scouts know some people like that. :)
So, besides voting, how did you spend your day? And share some of your best thrift store finds with us.

No comments: