What's Happening At The Studio

The Scouts share what's inspiring them at the moment, along with what's going on in the studio.

www.vintagescout.com

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cute Shops in the Chicago 'burbs

One of my favorite things about going out of town is checking out the cute local shops and boutiques. When I visit my sister in Chicago, I always like to see what's new at Vintage Charm.
This darling store is located in the western suburb of LaGrange. It reminds me of a cross between our shop and Anthropologie.Bekah and all the girls working there were so sweet and helpful. I bought a cute baby shower gift and a fabulous necklace for myself.
I mentioned in my last blog about going to Oak Park. Kristin, what took you so long to take me there? Love this part of Chicago! We stopped in Fly-Bird and let me tell you, from the minute we walked in, we were either laughing out loud or hollering at each other "Look at this!" She carries a lot of local artisans.She had the most hilarious cards and I got a little housewarming gift for my baby boy when he moves into his first apartment this fall. (He and his roomie are allowing me to decorate!) Just a hint:
My sister bought some cute folk art and they had some great baby items as well. I will definitely stop back in this great shop. Check out their respective websites at http://vintagecharmlagrange.com/ and http://www.fly-bird.net/. Make sure you take time to support local businesses like these (and of course Vintage Scout).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like FUN!
smiles.